Information for Prospective Company Drivers
Steelman Transportation invites you to join our team as a company driver. In the Spring of 2014, after much review and research, Steelman decided to once again operate a company fleet for a number of reasons. Primarily, those reasons were:
- Customer freight volumes were through the roof and we needed trucks.
- There are a lot of safe, professional drivers who simply do not want to own a truck. They are looking for a quality carrier to drive for during their carrier.
- To allow our Independent Contractors the time off they need and desire.
- To educate those drivers who would like to be Independent Contractors but are not exactly sure what all is involved in being a business owner.
As a Steelman company driver, you will have the opportunity to earn $66,000 or more per year.
Overview of Payment and Benefits
- Must have 3 years of verifiable OTR driving experience. (one year of that being Flatbed experience)
- Driver must live within 200 miles of the terminal in Springfield, MO.
Based on 2500 miles per week:
- Driver Mileage Payment: $0.32
- Health insurance (or cash): $0.04 or $437.80/mo (check on exchange price of insurance)
- *the non-smoker cost for employee is 12.16/wk.
- smoker cost is $42.56/wk if insurance is elected.
- 401K plan: 3 percent of weekly earnings; 100 percent vested
- Paid vacation
- Tarping/side kit/Stop pay: $20 each, per occurrence
- Loading\Detention Pay: $20/per hour (after 2 hours free time)
- Orientation pay: $500
- Phone allowance: $60/mo
- Safety bonus: $0.03 per mile (with NO preventable accidents)
- Fuel economy bonus: $0.04 per mile, based on 7.5 miles per gallon
- Clean DOT inspection (No Violations):
- Level 1=$150
- Level 2=$125
- Level 3=$100
- Referral Pay: $1,500 (paid once referral has completed orientation)